Recent Posts by admin
We are hiring two co-directors for summer 2017!
Girls Rock Camp ATL is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering girls and women of all backgrounds and abilities through music education, creative expression, and performance. Founded in 2008, we provide leadership opportunities, build self-esteem, and create a culture of collaboration among mentors, peers, and the broader community.
We are looking to hire a Program Director and an Operations Director who will work in tandem to plan, implement, and manage our summer 2017 Girls Rock Camp. These two individuals will collaborate in building a successful shared leadership work environment as co-directors of GRCATL, with support from the Board of Directors.
These positions will be short-term employment contracts for the period of April 3, 2017 through July 31, 2017. Each Director will begin in a part-time capacity on an as-need basis and will progress to full-time capacity as of July 3, 2017. During Girls Rock Camp 2017 (July 10-15), Directors must be available and present on site for all hours of operations (approximately 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.). Directors will return to part-time status on an as-need basis for wrap up and post-mortem following camp.
Operations Director responsibilities include:
- Oversee GRCATL Volunteer Program including recruitment, selection, orientation, and supervision of:
- instrument instructors
- band coaches
- administrative staff
- support staff
- production crew
- Work with Program Director on volunteer training and orientation program.
- Manage operations logistics for camp week, including load-in/load-out, daily schedules, workshops, and breaks.
- Oversee production requirements for guest artist performances at camp.
- Maintain email and personal communication with volunteers before and during camp.
- Oversee maintenance and ensure proper working condition of all GRCATL musical instruments and equipment.
- Oversee backstage and production operations for GRCATL venue showcase on Saturday, July 15.
Program Director responsibilities include:
- Receive and process applications for campers.
- Act as primary contact for parents of campers, before and during camp.
- Oversee camper instrument assignments and band selection process.
- Coordinate camp workshop presenters and program schedule.
- Along with instrument instructors and workshop facilitators, coordinate creation and development of educational materials/curriculum for campers.
- With Operations Director, prepare and conduct a one-day training/orientation session for volunteers on July 9. This includes developing content, materials, and an evaluation for the session.
- Oversee on-site camper arrivals and daily camp office administration needs.
- Facilitate and oversee all in-kind donations as required for camp operations.
- Oversee ticket sales and front of house operations for GRCATL venue showcase.
- Partner with Board of Directors to develop, distribute, and analyze pre- and post-camp surveys and program evaluations to collect data for reporting.
Shared General Duties
- Manage all day-to-day camp communications and email
- Provide managerial support to volunteers, as needed
- Update social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Create promotional material for camp (T-shirts, lanyards, etc.)
- More duties, as needed, to implement camp
- Commitment to furthering our mission of empowering girls and women
- Commitment to social justice and anti-oppression principles
- Experience working with diverse groups of youth and their families (2+ years preferred)
- High level of self-motivation, creativity, and openness to learning
- Experience developing and/or delivering youth programming
- Experience playing one or more of the instruments offered at our programs (bass, drums, guitar, keyboards, vocals) OR experience working directly in production or with audio equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet competing and strict timelines
- Proficiency with email, Google Docs and Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to lift and carry musical equipment, work in loud environments, and work at a computer for long periods of time
- Familiarity with GRCATL or another Girls Rock Camp
- Background in youth development
- Experience training and/or supporting volunteers
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience in working in non-hierarchical environments, with the ability to work accountably both independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to open and direct communication
- Demonstrated commitment to self-care and personal sustainability
Strong interest in youth self-efficacy and empowerment, gender justice, music education, and cooperative learning is very highly encouraged. Due to working closely with minors, federal and state of Georgia background clearances are required for this position.
Please send cover letter, resume, flat-rate contract expectations, and three references to email@example.com by March 20, 2017. In-person interviews in Atlanta will be held shortly thereafter.
Stacey Singer Stepping Down as Executive Director of Girls Rock Camp ATL
The Girls Rock Camp ATL Board of Directors announces the departure of Stacey Singer, Executive Director, on Nov. 30, 2016. Stacey is pursuing another career and we wish her the best of luck.
Working tirelessly since 2008, Stacey is a co-founder of this groundbreaking program, and her dedication helped to create a cross-generational community of Girls Rock Campers, Ladies Rock Campers, volunteers, musicians, and supporters across Atlanta, the state of Georgia, the U.S., and even abroad.
It is this remarkable legacy that the Board is committed to honor, continue and build on. In this time of transition, the Board will be reaching out to GRCATL’s stakeholders and members of the community to get input on how best to further the mission of GRCATL.
Thank you, Stacey. YOU ROCK!
The Board of Directors thanks Stacey for nine years of dedicated leadership and growing the organization to where it is today. We will build upon your legacy to continue GRCATL.
Current Girls Rock Camp ATL Board of Directors:
- Haley Zapal, Co-Chair
- Amy Durrence, Co-Chair
- Sita Ranchod-Nilsson, Treasurer
- Tristin Chipman, Secretary
- Ladies Rock Camp will be taking a hiatus until 2018.
- We are planning to hold Girls Rock Camp in July 2017. Stay tuned for exact dates.
- Over the next two months, we will be holding a series of focus groups to gather input from the community about Rock Camp.
- If you’re interested in sharing your opinion and what Rock Camp means to you, we’d love to hear from you!
For more information and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Comments by admin
No comments by admin yet.